9.12.2008

A few things

I was off work today (yes I got a job, about time too huh?) and decided to go to the Mission and explore a bit.  A girl I work with told me about this great store Paxton Gate that has such a strange mix of oddities and treasures.  The strangest thing I saw?  Individually wrapped owl droppings with a note saying, "Each dropping contains actual mouse bones".   There were really strange things like owl droppings wrapped up like baked potatoes along side mouse-a-dermy.  That is, mice stuffed and made up like Hamlet, a bride and groom and the pope.
There was also some really beautiful jewelry, which is why my co-worker told me about this shop in the first place.  I was admiring her necklace, a rose thorn cast in 14k gold by Laurie Brown, that was so lustrous and delicate I had to see if there was anything else there there that was as lovely.  I did not end up buying any thing to wear but got something to put up on the wall (all of our walls are SO bare right now) and we happened to have a frame just the right size at home.
I went into a few furniture stores, got molested (in this case I mean verbally bothered) by a really large Hispanic guy.  Thanks again dude for making me feel uncomfortable and vulnerable. Boo.  Walked, walked, walked.  Bothered by another Hispanic guy (give it a rest already crazy people, will you?).  Mike met me after work and we ate at Frjtz.  I had the Goya crepes, Mike had the Velasquez sandwich.  Pretty good.  And it was nice because we were there before the evening rush.  That's all.




7 comments:

sheila said...

Did you get that creepy picture of the mouse to hang on your wall?

mmmmm. crepes sound so good.

. said...

no. the creepy mouse is an actual stuffed mouse you can buy and put under a glass jar, if you want to say, put it in your baby's room on display ;).

Stephanie said...

what?

what?

what a crazy store... you have the coolest life.

oh, and i am sorry to have twisted a knife in your dear sweet heart. i just miss you so.

I am MommaCat said...

???? What a crazy store....ew mouse-a-dermy & owl droppings??

Ashley said...

That mouse is awesome.

Anonymous said...

You can't get away form the crazy people you moved to San Fran..............

Isn't that one of the draws of the city?

My suggestion is buy some Mace.

. said...

I was thinking about that, those suckers probably would not have had too much to day it I sprayed them in the face.