2.03.2009

In The Works


Sometime last month Mike and I were doing a little Sunday drive through the city when I spotted some abandoned furniture on a street corner.  Darling man that he is, Mike turned around, helped me rummage through the pile of stuff, and load a couch frame into the car.  I know it looks ugly now, but with a little love I hope it will look like this.

 

Do you see the resemblance?  Do you see the potential?  And the couch fits perfectly into the strange little nook in our bedroom under the window.  Today I cut the foam, one cushion for the seat and one for the back.  I need to go to an upholstery store and get some of those spring/cord seat things.  Next I need to decide on fabric.  I am thinking a natural colored linen. We will see.  Stay tuned.

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

oh how exciting!! i am so impressed with your do-it-yourselfness. i want to do stuff like this but never do so i am just so impressed.

cant wait to see how it all turns out!

Peter and Amber said...

You are so crafty! :-)

sheila said...

oh, that IS exciting. And I CAN see the potential. I'm sure it will be even better than what you have pictured.

sheila said...

oh, and I'm still planning on a plan to see you. I already feel so close to you being here on the mainland.

Melissa said...

I do see the resemblance! that is amazingly similar!

I can't wait to see it!

Ashley said...

Great find. It will work perfectly in your nook. Best of luck, can't wait to see the finished product.

You always find the best things.

Sofia D. Hoiland said...

We have a similar teak coffee table that we found for free before we were married. Needless to say, old teak furniture is lovely with TLC. The rounded shapes of the woods are enough to make anyone fall in love.